Monday, June 27, 2011

Adventures in Mexico!!

by Toni St.Clair on Thursday, September 6, 2007 at 7:15pm via FB

Alright so I have been a little busy since my last note, obviously since the last note I wrote was my first day here!!

Ok so I am all moved in and settled. I have two male roommates. Mariano from Argentina, and Romain from France!! The best part is I have the master bedroom in the apartment, and my closet has room for all my shoes!!!! Sad that fact is important to me hey?! The best part (or worst depending on how you see it) is that I have 6 keys to get into my bedroom. There's the building door, one for the gate in front of my apartment door, three for the apartment door, and one for my bedroom door! Oh man!!! I was told locking my bedroom door is a good idea just in case you know? Cuz' you know if by some chance some one manages to get thru the other three doors without keys, I'm sure they would go for my bedroom!!! Ah well...safety first right?!

So my first night, I was eaten alive by stupid mosquitos! I'm talking HUGE bites up and own my arms...oh SO pleasant!!! The next morning I wake up and try to have a shower, but soon realize that I have to light the gas in order to have a nice hot shower...oh and the shower head...yea totally bought a new one. It's 1000 times better; 2 heads with nine variations!!! A-M-A-ZING!!! Besides getting bitten all night long, there was also this ANNOYING dog that didn't stop barking all night! Seriously everything echoes in this place...it's a bit ridiculous. I know I will soon not even hear the night noise b/c I will adjust but still!!! The best part I discovered last night: frequent power shortages. It's SO fun!!! Seriously, it's an awesome time. It's all new and so exciting and fun!!!

So I decided that since I am down here for a year I should probably get a cellphone and a bank account. Try opening a chequing account when the girl only speaks spanish and damn did she talk fast! I lost count of how many times I asked her slow down, but in the end I feel I held my own pretty well! I have the account, it works and that's all that counts! My fav part of opening the bank account was when the girl thought my mom and I were sisters!! SO awesome!! The cellphone adventure was far easier...I just had to ask which phones took minute cards (b/c I don't want a plan), and how much the cards cost and how many minutes I get! I still haven't figured out what my voicemail is trying to tell me to do when I try to set it up but I will...eventually...hahaha!!

One thing I discovered down her is that my awesome, fantastic and super comfortable sandals are now referred to as the "shoes of death" b/c they are USELESS in the rain!!! Another side note is that frequently when at dinner or coffee or whatever you will get the pleasure of the "monkey man"...You know the accordions that people play in movies and they usually have monkeys with them? Yea those are common EVERYWHERE down here!!! SO much fun!!! Not so fun when they interrupt the awesome slas music being played by a live band!!

Anyways, I guess I have bored you all enough. Until next time: Hasta Luego!!!

- xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment